Hotline: +49 (0)341 33 79 67 18info [at] leipzigerneuseenland [dot] de
Borna Museum is housed in the Imperial Gate (Reichstor) and the adjacent buildings along the former town wall.
The mining pavilion was opened on 2 April 2006.
The museum complex consists of the main building at Turmplatz 5, Groitzsch Tower and the Old Guardhouse, which are all located cheek by jowl.
In 1998, the 1813 Markkleeberg Historical Gatehouse Society opened a museum showing exhibits on subjects such as Markkleeberg during the Battle of Leipzig, local culture and rural customs.
The museum maintains an office devoted to local history on the first floor of the town hall (Rathaus, Markt 1).
The museum is currently closed for refurbishment and is set to open in late 2010.
This privately run toy museum is 117 square metres in size and contains a collection of all sorts of toys, including pie railways, steam engines, tin toys, dolls and games as well as two working ...
Right next to the restored historical estate, this small museum now shows vividly the suffering during the Battle of Leipzig in 1813 and the possibilities of medical assistance available at the time.
The museum was originally founded in 1926 and housed in a disused hospital.
The permanent exhibition at Westphal House, Markkleeberg, the town's cultural centre, displays Stone Age flint scrapers, knives, blades and hand axes found locally, which are up to 280,000 years old.
Tourismusverein Leipziger Neuseenland e.V.
Am Festanger 3a
Phone: +49 (0)341 33 79 67 18
Fax: +49 (0)341 33 79 67 19
E-Mail: info [at] leipzigerneuseenland [dot] de
Immer auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Melden Sie sich für unser Tourismus-Telegramm an.